Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: compliment or insult?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: compliment or insult?

    The funniest people I've ever met are from New York CIty, they talk weird and then rag on us for talking weird. I just laugh it off anymore, everytime I go somewhere I end up getting made fun of for my speech.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member imported_Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: compliment or insult?

    It's funny because people make fun of the way we talk, but they don't realize that they have an accent too. The only people who speak "perfect English" are the people on the news and they are taught to speak the way they do in order to be on the air.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member sic's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    549
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: compliment or insult?

    he was insulting the "people" in the region......
    [img]http://www.darkphotography.net/Media/Bands/Cradle%20Of%20Filth/CradleLogo_Roll.jpg[/img]

  4. #14
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: compliment or insult?

    i insult people from the region all the time, but I don't like people not from there insulting the region. it's one of those old mountain clan things I guess.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: compliment or insult?

    He probably was impressed that you had all of your teeth [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #16
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: compliment or insult?

    I would take it as a compliment to you but a DEFINATE insult to the entire area. Did he also look to see if you were wearing shoes, or to see if your hound dog was with you? He may have sneaked a peek to see if there was a jug of corn squeezins' on your desk.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  7. #17
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: compliment or insult?

    I didn't have the actual dogs with me..but I did have their pictures on my desk [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    He asked how long I'd been away from home. I told him 7 years. He said "wow, the accent rubbed off you fast"
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: compliment or insult?

    I probably would have lost both my temper and my job at the same time on that one. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •